"A sketchbook is a secret thing, a collection of unfinished and often times abandoned ideas never intended for public consumption—at least not in their current state. It’s a private space for honing one’s craft and workshopping, separating good ideas from those best left unexplored." -Brian Heater at The Daily Cross Hatch.

05 April 2010

Matlow and the Bolsheviks: Discarded Panel

 

Here's a panel from "Matlow and the Bolsheviks" that I decided not to use. In the process of creating this comic I'm doing everything I'm not supposed to - i.e., doing things off the cuff without a lot of planning. Real comics are written first, laid out in thumbnails, and then taken to the drawing board. Obviously, I'm not following that very logical procedure- which is why it's not getting done. So, here's a piece that I did and decided...I didn't like it. Too boring. Poorly executed, etc. (But, I do like the dock hand).
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. really? i rather like this! I also like how it's unfinished. I'm glad you put it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Bowsprite.

    Though I was mostly dissatisfied with it due to technical inking issues, I also didn't think the composition moved the story where it needed to go. Then I realized, I was over-thinking it way too much and tried something else... :)

    ReplyDelete