"A sketchbook is a secret thing, a collection of unfinished and often times abandoned ideas never intended for public consumption—at least not in their current state. It’s a private space for honing one’s craft and workshopping, separating good ideas from those best left unexplored." -Brian Heater at The Daily Cross Hatch.

17 December 2009

Conrad's Eyes



I've been feeling like reading some Conrad again. Back in high school I found Conrad difficult to get through, but I'm in the mood for something challenging. So, with Conrad on the brain, I decided to experiment with some inking techniques on a portrait. It didn't go so well...and was about as far from what I conceived as you can get, but getting back into this art thing is a process of evolution.

Update 12/30/09: Now that I've had a few years to accrue more knowledge of the context and time in which it was set, I'm enjoying "Lord Jim" quite a bit. (It's much funnier than I remember...)


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment