"A sketchbook is a secret thing, a collection of unfinished and often times abandoned ideas never intended for public consumption—at least not in their current state. It’s a private space for honing one’s craft and workshopping, separating good ideas from those best left unexplored." -Brian Heater at The Daily Cross Hatch.

23 February 2010

From the Vaults: Surfing is sort of Maritime, no?

 

Work has been kicking my ass, and I really haven't had enough juice to get into any drawing in the last few days. BUT, I did just drop some major coinage on some oil paints, so LOOK OUT, maybe in about 6 months maybe you'll see a real painting. Maybe.

This one is an oldie. I was really into drawing from surfing magazines there for a while there. Maybe tomorrow I'll post some of my short lived, comic-book-femme-fatale-surfing-spy "Swedish Kay". Good stuff.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. how u did these one?*.* nice job

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so long ago, I can't remember...probably a crow quill pen...something "scratchy".

    ReplyDelete