"A sketchbook is a secret thing, a collection of unfinished and often times abandoned ideas never intended for public consumption—at least not in their current state. It’s a private space for honing one’s craft and workshopping, separating good ideas from those best left unexplored." -Brian Heater at The Daily Cross Hatch.

20 January 2010

Stick a Fork in It...


...I'm done. It's been a great learning experience though. Haven't done anything like this in years. (Click on the image for full size).

The ideas for the tattoo of the sextant and the turtle (a Galapagos) seemed better in the conception stage than after their execution. The bowsprit of course is a little "erect", but...let's chalk that up to a crappy tattooist. There are about a million other things I could pick at, but, I won't. (Maybe someday I'll get that Kraken tattoo for myself...)

Don't forget to check out Jack Tar Online Magazine...

7 comments:

  1. that would totally rock embroidered on the back of a jacket, or printed on the front of a white long sleeve T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks MonkeyFist!

    I've actually been thinking about opening a Zazzle or CafePress store. I'll let you know when I make a solid move with that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice draws in your blog, i love the theme !

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this image and I love DocMarten's tints!
    I had a dream about this guy the other night, but I cannot remember much...

    ReplyDelete
  5. @bowsprite: I hope he was gentlemanly...
    I love the Dr. Martens inks too. I have work I did years ago with them which is still vibrant.

    ReplyDelete